Friday, November 19, 2010

Pre Thanksgiving Thoughts

A week before Thanksgiving, and I'm wrapping things up at work before leaving for a week's vacation, and the fact that I have sooooo many things to be thankful for hits me.

The thoughts of the happiest doorman I've ever seen come flooding back to me.  Every morning as we walked by him on our way to work last December in Cleveland, in the freezing cold and wind sweeping in off the lake.  He was smiling, singing and happily going about the business of opening the hotel door, or the door to a cab.  As we walked by he would never fail to ask us how we were doing, and we would ask him as well.  His response was always "I'm blessed not stressed."  Which brings me to sit and think about the many, many blessings I have in my life. 

I don't deserve them all.  That's for sure.  But God saw fit for Merlotgirl to love me, and I'm not going to argue with that.  After all...he knows best.  I clearly am blessed to have her in my life, and for her to love me as she does.  I only hope she realizes that I love her more.  I turly am the luckiest man alive.  So it has been blogged...so it shall be.  Neener neener.

18 + years ago I was blessed with Rosemary!  Not a day goes by that I don't count that blessing.  Through all the cuts and bruises, laughing and crying, sports and theater, Indian guides and Video Games, through everything you can think of, having Rosemary as my son is one of the highlights of my life.  Hopefully all of the lessons he's learned over the last 18 years (including the rather difficult ones  he's learning now as a Freshman in college) will serve him well, and prepare him for a great life!  No matter what, I love him more than words can say.  I love you man!  That's a fact, Jack.

Aunt B and Uncle L, my brother and sister, their spouses and kidlets are true blessings as well.  My only regret about being in Texas is not seeing them (and Rosemary) more often.  Hopefully they feel as overwhelmed by the blessings the good lord has given them over the years, as I do right now.  I love you guys!!!

It goes without saying that MG's siblings are blessings to us as well.  While I don't know them nearly as well as I should, they were and are a huge part of MG's life and therefore important to me as well!  The blessings just keep coming!

My dearest niece (yes I have a niece), her hubby and son are so amazing!  Whether they know it or not, they are the most shining example I have in my life of people who walk the walk.  Their faith and love are truly transcendent and a constant source of joy and strength.  I am truly blessed to be part of their family. Truly!

I am so blessed to have Bud!  Just seeing how happy it makes Merlotgirl when we're getting close to seeing him is worth a fortune.  We'll be up to see you in a few months!  Only wish we were closer to you as well. 

My folks and MG's mom are no longer with us here, but waiting for us with the Lord.  All I can think of to say is thank you for all that you did for me, and for MG.  Without your love and caring for us we never would have found each other along this broken road.   We miss you now, more than you could know.  One day we'll all be together and that will be glorious indeed.

Last but not least all of our friends near and far, old and new, whoever you are...you know who you are...we are blessed to call you friend.  If we've shared happiness or sorrow, laughed or cried, acted with or hooped it up with, worked or played with, called, raised or folded to, karaoked or scaryokeyd we're thankful that you are a part of our lives.  An important part!  Thump chest twice ...point one finger out!

That's what I'm talking about!   Ship it!

No comments: